Grooming, Saddling, Riding, and Information Packet reviewed.
- Learn safety rules when working with and around horses.
- An explanation of what we do at our facility is given. The various types of instruction taught at our farm are reviewed.
- Each scout has hands on experience grooming, saddling, bridling and riding one of our Tennessee Walking Horses.
- Learn how to lead a horse, mount and dismount, start, stop, back up and guide the horse.
- Learn some of the anatomy of the horse.
- Daily care of a horse and stable is explained
- We discuss Veterinary care and health issues of a horse
- Each scout will leave with a filled in information packet.
- 2.5 to 3.5 hour visit, depending of the size of group
A special patch is awarded from one of our parent organizations for each scout that completes the badge at our farm using our registered Tennessee Walking Horses.
If your troop has different requirements for earning badges other than what is listed here, please feel free to contact us. We will build a program and schedule to fit your troop.
Call or email us for prices and to schedule your troop coming to the farm.
248 486 6585 or email@example.com